Note that most events have been postponed to 2021 due to Covid-19 situation.
16th Multidisciplinary Conference on Sinkholes and the Engineering and Environmental Impacts of Karst
- 04.12.2021 - 04.16.2021
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
The 16th Multidisciplinary Conference on Sinkholes and the Engineering and Environmental Impacts of Karst will take place in Puerto Rico on from 20 th to 24 April 2020. Online registration is already open: https://support.nckri.org/SinkholeConference2020.
This highly successful interdisciplinary biennial conference series is the most important international meeting that concentrates on the practical application of karst science. Geologists, engineers, and geographers, who study how and where karst develops and how sinkholes form, interact with engineers and planners, who apply this information to building and maintaining society’s infrastructure while protecting our environment.
The conference is managed by the National Cave and Karst Research Institute, which will organise this exceptional 2020 meeting in Puerto Rico, one of the premier karst regions of the world.
Conference topics include: Karst Development & Mapping, Pro-Active and Remedial Engineering in Karst Terrain, Karst Water Resource Management and more. Optional Short Courses will be offered on April 21, 2020, and Field Trips on April 20 and 24, 2020.
- 1 May 2019: First day when abstracts can be submitted
- 24 July 2019: Last day to submit an abstract
- 31 July 2019:Authors notified of abstract acceptance
- 31 July 2019: First day when full papers for accepted abstracts can be submitted
- 01 September 2019: Last day to cancel and receive 80% refund of the registration fee
- 14 October 2019: Last day to submit draft full papers
- 14 October 2019: Last day to apply for the Beck Student Scholarship
- 15 November 2019: Manuscript reviews sent to authors
- 03 January 2020: Last day for authors to return their revised papers to the Proceeding Subcommittee
- 15 November 2019: Earlier registration ends and registration prices increase
- 01 December 2019: Last day to cancel and receive 50% refund of the registration fee. No refunds given after this date
- 20 April 2020: The Sinkhole Conference begins!
Here are some important links:
- San Juan
- San Juan
- Puerto Rico