Events and meetings
Karst & Cave related events and meetings
XXIIIth International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference Surveying, Geology and Mining, Ecology and Management – SGEM 2023
- Written by News Manager
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGIES IN GEOLOGY, EXPLORATION AND MINING
1. Section Geology
2. Section Hydrogeology, Engineering Geology, and Geotechnics
3. Section Exploration and Mining
4. Section Mineral Processing
5. Section Applied and Environmental Geophysics
6. Section Oil and Gas Exploration
INFORMATICS, GEOINFORMATICS AND REMOTE SENSING
7. Section Informatics
8. Section Geoinformatics
9. Section Geodesy and Mine Surveying
10. Section Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
11. Section Cartography and GIS
WATER RESOURCES. FOREST, MARINE AND OCEAN ECOSYSTEMS
12. Section Hydrology and Water Resources
13. Section Soils
14. Section Forest Ecosystems
15. Section Marine and Ocean Ecosystems
ENERGY AND CLEAN TECHNOLOGIES
16. Section Nuclear Technologies
17. Section Renewable Energy Sources and Clean Technologies
18. Section Recycling
19. Section Air Pollution and Climate Change
ECOLOGY, ECONOMICS, EDUCATION AND LEGISLATION ECOSYSTEMS
20. Section Ecology and Environmental Protection
21. Section Environmental Economics
22. Section Education and Accreditation in GeoSciences
23. Section Environmental Legislation, Multilateral Relations, and Funding Opportunities
NANO, BIO, GREEN AND SPACE - TECHNOLOGIES FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
24. Section Micro and Nano Technologies
25. Section Advances in Biotechnology
26. Green Buildings Technologies and Materials
27. Green Design and Sustainable architecture
28. Space Technologies and Planetary Science
- Written by Alexander Klimchouk
The 10th International Conference of the International Association of Geomorphologists will take place as an in-person event in
Coimbra, Portugal, from 12-16 September 2022, under the theme "Geomorphology and Global Change". It is organized by IAG and Portuguese Association of Geomorphologists (APGeom) and co-organized by the Centre of Studies in Geography and Spatial Planning (CEGOT), the Department of Geography and Tourism (University of Coimbra), and the Department of Earth Sciences (University of Coimbra).
Convento São Francisco
Av. da Guarda Inglesa 1a
Conveners: Mateja Ferk, Alexander Klimchouk, Jean Noel Salomon, Luca Dimuccio, Maria Luisa Rodrigues, Luiz Eduardo Panisset Travassos
Karst areas around the world are forming spectacular landscapes which attract researchers across various scientific disciplines along with tourists and other visitors. Surface and subsurface karst features are the result of specific lithological, hydrological, and climatic factors. It is crucial to understand that the karst landscape continues underground; in the short term, surface actions are transferred underground, and in the long term the underground conditions affect the surface. Researchers studying the origin and development of karst features and the dynamics of key processes in karst, driven by global environmental changes, are welcome to contribute with their knowledge to the discussions in the Karst Geomorphology Session. Furthermore, this session will address also the need for interdisciplinary approaches to study the interrelationship between surface and underground karst landforms, deposits, and processes, as well as the questions of karst conservation and preservation, and sustainable management of karst resources (e.g. water, minerals, tourism…).
Call for Papers
The abstract submission of the 10th IAG International Conference on Geomorphology (ICG2022) is now open.
With this call for abstracts, all scientific thematic sessions are now open to receive your contribution. The deadline for abstract submission is 14 March 2022, 13:00 CET.
Full details of the abstract submission can be found at:
Further information about the ICG2022, and also about regulations related to COVID-19, can be found at:
If any questions arise, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Thank you very much for your cooperation.
Portuguese Association of Geomorphologists (APGeom)
- Written by News Manager
Messsage from the orgnizing commetee:
The 18th International Congress of Speleology UIS is Postponed to 2022.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the uncertain evolution of reception and international travel conditions, the congress organizing committee, the FFS and the UIS jointly decided to postpone the congress to 2022.
- Written by Petronela Ševčíková
Dear speleogenesis community,
We are excited to announce S4 Online, the first S4 event hosted online!S4 Online is open to anyone new to speleothem science or interested in learning more about the field. Please distribute this announcement to anyone who might be interested.
The event will include a series of lectures and workshops led by experts in the field. Topics covered include: speleothem growth, speleothem proxies (stable isotopes and trace elements), cave monitoring, age-depth modelling with R, and much more. More information about the program can be found on our website.
The event will take place on:
Monday, Jan 24th: 5 pm - 9.00 pm CET
Monday, Jan 31st: 11 pm - 3.00 am CET
Monday, Feb 7th: 5 pm - 9.00 pm CET
S4 Online is free and will be hosted on Zoom. Registration is open now and will close on January 15th. You can register for the event on our website (S4 online | 2022 (speleothemschool.com)).
We are looking forward to meeting you.
Summer School of Speleothem Science organizing committee
- Written by News Manager
UIS bulletin, bi-annual newsletter for year 2020 is published on UIS website. Dounload the 2020 version here. All UIS Bulletin issues available on this UIS page.
In this issue:
- News about the International Year of Caves and Karst 2021 •
- UIS BULLETIN: Complete collection now available
- First international cave animal of the year
- UIS Prizes 2021: Call for nominations
- Special issue of the INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SPELEOLOGY: Call for papers
- 18th ICS: Newsletter Nº 2 available
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Editorial: Uplifting Energy is Required 3
The President’s Column: Advancing Speleology in the age of COVID-19 4
International Year of Caves and Karst 2021:
How to use and edit promotional material 6
UIS Bulletin: Complete collection now available 9
Special issue of the International Journal of Speleology: Call for papers 11
UIS Prizes 2021: Call for nominations 12
The first international cave animal of the year 15
Genovesa Underwater Cave encased in 10m of sewage 16
In Memoriam: Trifon Daaliev (Bulgaria) 17
Calendar of Events 19
News from the 18th International Congress of Speleology 2021 22
UIS Bureau 2017/2021 30
List of Member Nations 31
Annual Contributions and Bank Account 32